Botanical garden guided tour “Giardino dei Profumi” – Valverbe Herbal Teas – Melle – Valle Varaita
When you come on holiday in Val Varaita , the question that arises during the planning stage is always the same: What to do in Varaita Valley? What to visit in Varaita Valley? What to see in Varaita Valley?
From 2020 in Melle it is possible to walk among medicinal herbs and ornamental plants to rediscover the ancient herbal tradition of the valleys adjacent to Monviso recovered by Valverbe. Perfumes, colors and a stream will bring you in a unique atmosphere. This is the “Giardino dei Profumi” created by Valverbe.
It is called the “Perfume Garden” because it is located within the company processing facilities where over 100 tons of herbs are processed every year to make herbal teas. The scent of the processed herbs fills the air with therapeutic and balsamic effects. The perfume will follow you throughout the visit. Every day a different plant is worked so it will smell differently at every visit.
The Garden is made up of two distinct areas, the walk is easy for everyone, no special equipment is needed.
- In the middle of the Upper Garden you will find a wooden terrace from which you can see a unique view of the Varaita Valley and the whole garden. A small pergola welcomes shows and events throughout the year, even at night.
- The Lower Garden has a shorter route but no less interesting. It starts alongside a small lake where aquatic plants can be found. The teardrop-shaped path is made up of plants that need cool, moist soil, this area being in the shade of the warehouse. In the lower part the aromas become more intense as you are right next to the drying rooms from which part of these come. We therefore advise you walk slowly step by step, breath after breath.
Flowering varies during the course of the warm season, therefore it is possible that in spring and autumn there are different levels of flowering compared to the summer period. The perfumes, on the other hand, vary according to the processes that the company carries out during the day of the visit.
Here is some information:
- Booking is mandatory: to book your visit please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call/send a message to 0039 377 0856179.
- Price: €5 per person, children under 12 free, with herbal tea tasting
- Duration: 1 hour
- Spoken languages: Italian, English and French
- When: from May/June to September/October, every Friday and Saturday we offer two guided tours:
- the Botanical Garden guided tour “Il Giardino dei Profumi”
- the factory guided tour (click on this link to find out more): this guided tour can be done all year round
The calendar of the two guided tours will be available soon
IT IS POSSIBLE TO BOOK THE TWO GUIDED TOURS FOR A DISCOUNTED PRICE: fee for 2 guided tours €8 per person, free for children under 12
Contact us for requests on other days of the week or for groups